Last night I performed at the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse at their comedy competition. It was a really fun night of comedy and stuff. I was very fortunate to be selected, along with Doug Powell, for the semi-finals. All the comedians were great but I thought Doug had an incredible set. Jared Stern crushed and so did Kojo Montana. Overall, it was just a really great night of comedy and the crowd was terrific. Check out these shows comedy people, you will like them.
I was edgy today at work...big time edgy. My co-worker was telling me how he has spent over $2,000 dollars in vet bills on his cat but finally had to put her to sleep yesterday. I replied, "$2,000! Why not just buy a flat screen plasma TV and name it whiskers?" My co-worker didn't think this was funny and neither did I but I said it and I'm edgy..big time edgy. Take that, Bird Knight!
I ate lunch today at Union Station and had a weird encounter. I ordered my food (cheesesteak and french fries) and then asked for a bottled water. The guy next to me says, "Trying to keep it as healthy as possible, eh?" Normally, this would annoy me because I don't like small talk but it didn't. It was a valid response. I ordered a very unhealthy meal so why not just top her off with the soda? The only logical reason would be that I was trying to keep it healthy. Actually, I just like water and I explained this too him. He responded, "hey, that's all that matters." We were both satisfied and I could have just left it at that...but I didn't. I chimed right back in, "So where you from, friend?" He looked excited and eagerly replied, "I live in Rockville." Immediately I chipped in, "Really! I used to live in Rockville!" I really don't know why I was so enthusiastic about this? I mean, was this such a long shot that I should be amazed at the coincidence? Long story short, we had a really long and unnecessary conversation about nothing and by the time we got our food I wanted to stab myself in the face. I am a tool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment