Monday, October 02, 2006

Interesting and clever title

I've been away...I've been sick...for two weeks. I finally went to the doctor today and he gave me some antibiotics. I don't really trust my doctor or the assistants. First of all, the assistant checked my blood pressure for about 3 seconds and declared, "120 over 80." I don't buy it, why is it that one time, it will take about 10 minutes to get my blood pressure, the next, 3 seconds. Plus, 120 over 80? You rounded. I don't trust you when you round.

My doctor comes into the room as I sit nervously on the meat wrapping paper (Jerry Seinfeld joke. I'm giving credit here, guys). First of all, this guy was awful...he bombed. Their was no greeting, no handshake, no "Give up for my assistant, isn't she great." Nothing. He just goes right into material. How long have you been sick? Before I can even answer, "sore throat? swollen lymph glands? allergies?" Let me answer your question before you move on to the next, dude! His crowd work was awful, too. He never endeared himself to the audience and it really seemed like he was mailing it in. But...he closed strong. I got the prescription and was in and out fairly quickly.

I haven't been onstage much lately. The sickness has kept me indoors and I haven't written much. I did get out to the Laughing Lizard on Saturday and enjoyed myself. This place is really interesting. It's kind of dirty but there are lots of different rooms to choose from so it works. The bathroom is absolutely disgusting though. I was there like 2 months ago and the urinal was broken and had a urine soaked sign across it that read, "out of order." Seriously, like anyone is paying attention to that sign. Fix it, guys...fix it.

I am having a horrible Fantasy Football season, just awful. I opted to play Drew Bennet over Santana Moss on Sunday. You read that correct. Santana Moss scored 3 touchdowns and Drew Bennet is white. I don't even know how it's possible for a guy who played football his entire life to be this bad at Fantasy Football?

I will now make statements;

Fall is my favorite season
I miss Frank Hong and he never calls
Simon and Simon was a quality show and so was Riptide

Some guy in Pennsylvania just got arrested for touching girls in Target. Apparently, he has been following girls into Target for months now. I suppose I shouldn't have but I giggled when I heard this. Why Target? Who told him this was a good place to get away with touching girls? There are cameras everywhere. Why have I given so much thought to this? I should go now.

1 comment:

Jon Mumma said...

Dear askinstoo,

Never leave another comment on my blog. Ever.