Saturday, May 31, 2008

The Finale

This past weekend I worked with Justin Schlegel and Jimmy Meritt at the Baltimore Comedy Factory. This was the 7th time I have featured for Justin at the Factory and as some of you already know, it may be the last...at least for a little while. Justin has decided to take a little breather from comedy to focus on other things. Justin is too great a performer to not be onstage so I'm pretty sure he'll be back at some point but for now, I treated this weekend as particularly special.

The shows were really great and it was definitely one of the best weekends we've had together at the Factory. Jimmy did very well as the emcee and Justin mashed all weekend. We played it straight until the Saturday last show...and then the wheels fell off. This picture pretty much says everything. I will say that there were few jokes to be told and even less CD's sold on this particular show. But, I know the crowd enjoyed themselves because they told us so and demonstrated there love for us by not stabbing or shooting us after it was over. Some people may look at this picture and say, "Jon, you guys tarnished the image of stand up comedy" and I would respond, "the show was in Baltimore."

The crowd loved, we loved it, our bodies are not good, and 36 Baltimorians got to see Jimmy Meritt in a very stained pair of tighty whitey's. BTW, Jimmy Meritt's stock rose a point and half on the S&P comedy index last weekend. So did Justin's because the demand is there but with limited supply - that's a little economics lesson.

Thank you Factory, thank you Baltimore, and good luck Justin!

2 comments:

Q.Ledbetter said...

Justin shouldn't stop doing comedy. There...I've said my piece.

justinschlegel said...

If I was half as good at comedy, as you are at music, i'd do it to my dying day...