Tuesday, September 16, 2008

City Bikes




Many people use blogs to use passive aggression on people they don't like; I am not like this. I have been feuding with City Bikes for 3 months now and they know how much I despise them. I'll be honest; it’s not a case where I just dislike the company not the employees. No, I seriously despise the employees (except little Sean), the company, the building, and now Connecticut Ave...All of it! I am using my blog so that tens of people will now know to never, ever visit their store or use any of their services.

Here is the background: I was taking part in an adventure race on June 29th but on a previous adventure race, my mountain bike experienced major problems do to my lack of riding ability. In order to train for my next race, I needed my bike. So, I took it to City Bikes for repair which is where I purchased said mountain bike. Here are the milestones to this adventure:

May 24: Drop off my bike and am told it will be ready June 5th

June 5: No one calls me

June 6: I call City Bikes - they say they will work on it "today" and call me when it’s ready.

June 7: After not receiving a call, I call City Bikes - there is a problem. Turns out my bike needs a new cartridge and they will need to ship my fork to Cannondale which will take 2 weeks. Obviously, this is unacceptable and I tell them so. After much deliberation they agree to give me a "loaner" fork from another bike assuring me that I can train with the loaner and by the time my race rolls around, the new fork will be delivered and ready for me.

June 7 cont...I pick up my bike

June 21: No word from City Bikes so I call them. Looks like it will take longer than expected but they will notify.... (Do you see a pattern developing?)

June 29: Adventure Race with loaner fork - I crash twice and sprain my ankle...awesome.

Entire Month of July: No word from City Bikes

August 30: I call City Bikes - they have no record of my bike but assure me they will look into things and call me back within an hour.
3 hours later: I call City Bikes and am put on hold for 5 minutes until my session is timed out. I call back and am put on hold until my session times out again. I call a third time; verbal confrontation occurs. I speak to the manager who tells me my bike is ready and can be picked up on Monday. I inform him I could pick up my bike as we speak since I am looking at it. He clarifies that the fork will be ready on Monday so I can bring my bike in and have it fixed within minutes. They will call me when it’s ready. I have my doubts because he and his company tend to lie a lot.

September 1, Monday: City Bikes never calls.

September 9: I call City Bikes before driving to their location. I am put on hold for 5 minutes. I call back; verbal confrontation occurs. I speak with a new person who informs me my bike will not be ready because they confused my bike with someone else's bike. Verbal confrontation occurs. The head repair guy takes the phone (Little Sean). He assures me he will look into the problem and call me back in 5 minutes. Five minutes later Little Sean calls me (I nearly pass out from surprise). He tells me they have lost my fork. This does not surprise me at all. Little Sean tells me he will order a brand new fork which will cost me nothing and have it delivered the following week. One catch, the fork will be a different color than my bike since they can't order that color anymore. Awesome. I ask that he call me on Monday and let me know the delivery date. Little Sean agrees and also give me his cell phone number.

September 11, Monday: City Bikes never calls

September 16: I call Little Sean's cell phone number - he doesn't answer so I leave a message. I call City Bikes and ask for Little Sean. I am told Little Sean is in Guatemala. Awesome. 5 minutes later Little Sean calls me back and informs me my fork is in the shop and to schedule an appointment to bring my bike in to swap it out. I call City Bikes to make the appointment. The guy I talk to tells me in a very nonchalant way, "bring it in whenever you want and we'll get it done for you." I say how about Sunday? He responds, "Oh Sundays are bad...how bout Thursday?"
Really?

I simply don't understand any of this. I'm exhausted. I can't fight anymore.


No comments: