Last night I performed at Club 152 in Fallston, MD. The last time I performed there I attempted 5 different jokes and completed 0. The crowd simply would not allow it. They wanted conversation, not jokes, so we talked and eventually they just talked amongst themselves and I stood on stage with a mic in mind hand wondering if it was necessary that I be there. I found out later that a bar room brawl broke out after I left and the place cleared. Last night was the total opposite; a fun, attentive, and appreciative crowd. I had a blast.
I will now discuss and compliment the comedians;
Joe Robinson - Joe Robinson is a lot of things; a former embezzler, one-time used car salesman, comedian, great square dancer. Joe entered the stage with no introduction and battled a crappy microphone, but, in typical Robinson fashion, he pulled it off. He writes jokes and they always have punchlines. It sounds like a no brainer but it's tougher than it seems. He's a funny and well-rounded comedian and his brother looks like John Denver.
Justin Schlegel - Justin has said a lot of nice things about me in the past and has helped me a lot so it's time to return the favor. Because we work together often, I've got his act memorized. Still, I laugh everytime I see him and he amazes me with his word play and high energy act outs. I love watching him take chances on stage. I've never seen anyone commit so hard to a bit and squeeze every last bit of funny out it. He can be angry, silly, vulnerable, frustrated, happy...he rants, he raves, he rages. He packs so much emotion into his act and I love it. I hope he never changes.
Jon Mumma - 30 minutes of awkward joy. He has trouble formulating sentences and at times I'm lost in his ramblings. Still, his face is funny and I like his joke about combovers.
Finally, thanks to Chip for booking a great show and to Manny who thinks my name is Rob.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment