
The new belt
After a four day weekend, I arrived at work this morning reluctant yet full of hope. Did Mike really buy a new belt? Was he serious? My questions were answered at precisely 3:37pm. Due to some training classes I was tied up for most of the day. Fortunately, I caught Mike just as he was leaving the office. I spotted him from aproximately 43.5 meters at the other end of the hall. My eyes went directly to his crotch and then moved about 3 inches north (that's the usual progression). I saw it right away and it was beautiful and good. I tried to keep my composure but I couldn't help myself. I threw my arms around him and we held eachother, sobbing with happiness and joy. As I wiped tears from my eyes, I noticed a certain pride in Mike's eyes. He had rekindled that fire inside him that once raged when he was a young man.
Ok, I exagerated a little bit here but it was still a glorious moment. I did compliment him on the new belt and told him I thought he made a good purchase. He seemed satisfied and content...and also had some mustard residue on his chin. Without getting too nosey, I did ask him from which Department store he procured the belt. He told me Sears and that was really all I needed to know. After some research, I've determined the belt is non other than the "arrow silver buckle belt," which can be purchased for $9.79. A more detailed description is below, along with the web link:
Genuine bonded leather with rectangular silver-tone buckle. Decorated with stitching detail on edge. Tapered end, feathered edges and self loop give you added styling. Belt width is 30 MM. Available in sizes 30 to 42. Imported.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=CLTH&pid=033A0152000&cat=Mens
I'm really happy for Mike. I think this is gonna change his perspective on life. Who would have thought...one belt...sometimes, that's all it takes.
1 comment:
It isn't the Arrow Silver. If you look closely, you'll notice that Mike's belt has two loops, while the Arrow Silver only has one. You have more work to do, Mumma.
-Ryan
Post a Comment