I watched a comic's set last week and noticed that he repeated every premise twice. I don't think he intended to do it but I found this hilarious. To protect this person, I will provide a ficticious example. "Airline food is horrible...Airline food is horrible..." S0, in honor of him, I will now be using the double premise repeater technique at random times. Look for it.
On Saturday, I performed at the University of Maryland with Ryan Conner and Matt Sapsford; on Saturday, I performed at the University of Maryland with Ryan Conner and Matt Sapsford. Attendence was fairly light at first because Maryland was playing Middle Tennessee at home but by the end of the show nearly 200 students were in the seats. Matt did a nice job warming up the crowd and as always, was smart and original. I went next and performed 45 minutes of happiness. Ryan went last and tacked on another 45 of happy. Ryan did very well and even though I've seen him perform 100 times (that's probably not an exaggeration) I really enjoyed watching him do a long set.
I really had fun on Saturday and it reminded me why I do comedy. I really had fun on Saturday and it reminded me why I do comedy. The students were fantastic; they were smart, attentive, and fun. I had a very loose set and they allowed me to play around in between jokes and stayed with me through the entire set. Thank you UMD! Thank you UMD!
Sunday was a great day. Why? Football.
My touch football team had our first game. I switched teams this year and was pleasantly suprised to learn that I really like my new team. I didn't know anyone on the team prior to sunday's game but I can tell that I like these dudes. We won the game 21-0 and there were no fights so that's positive. I was involved in a minor collision that left my collerbone extremely sore. I've already broken this thing a few years ago so I was a little worried but it feels pretty good right now. I got home just in time to catch the start of the Eagles game. I got home just in time to catch the start of the Eagles game. During a commercial I quickly got up and was about to run to the kitchen so I wouldn't miss any of the game. As soon as I took off, I immediately smashed my pinky toe into the coffee table. The pain I felt was horrific. It hurt so bad and this morning when I got up it was completely black and blue. It is smarting and I'm going to use the word "smarting." It is so sore...I just want to cut it off. I get injured often and the reason for this, I believe, is because I'm an idiot.
The Eagles looked very good against the Texans. Opening drive, not good; but they held Houston in check the rest of the game and the Eagles offense looked very sharp. I like Donte Stallworth...a lot.
Danny Rouhier proposed a debate in his latest blog. Is Troy Palamalu the best safety in the NFL?
Yes. There are a lot of great safeties in the NFL right now so the case could be made for a number of guys, like:
Ed Reed
Sean Taylor
Brian Dawkins
John Lynch
In today's NFL, the definition of strong safety and free safety has become somewhat muddled. Where as in the past, these two positions were more clearly defined, now they share many common responsibilities. That being said, a safety in the NFL has to be able to cover, play in the box, blitz, and play man coverage. In my opinion, Troy Palamalu is the best at these four things. Ed Reed can do all these things but I think Troy does it better. Sean Taylor can do these things as well but hasn't matured enough to play within the framework of his team's system. Brian Dawkins used to be the best in the league; I love you Brian and you're still my special guy but Troy and Ed are better right now. John Lynch, love the guy; devastating hitter, smart player, great blitzer and good in the box. But, he's not the playmaker that Palamalu is. There you have it, Danny.
Last week, at Topaz Hotel, I witnessed one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen in comedy. Joe Robinson covered some of this in his latest blog but I still need to talk about it. Some lady got on stage, wearing a fishnet type outfit and I'm going to use the word "outfit." As soon as she got on stage, I could tell it was going to be a trainwreck. But, just 30 seconds into her set she took her long hair and threw it back over her shoulder thus exposing her breasts and areolas. Unbelievable. She proceeded to perform some type of cheer complete with signs and dance moves all of which had something to do with her breasts. The best part was that while she was treating us to a peep show, her husband was filming her from various angles and then he would cut to the audience to get their reaction as well. Why? Who are you going to show this too? I think Joe has the video clip and is going to be posting is on his website. Do yourself a favor and check his site frequently, this is not to be missed. Do yourself a favor and check his site frequently, this is not to be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment