Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I know what to do!

If you read my last blog, you know that I have been struggling with the correct placement of an "emergency shower" sign at work. The emergency shower is very important and two signs are needed to identify it. As my supervisor explained, "a second shower sign should be hung at eye level so everyone will be sure to see it." Still, I was skeptical. Would it really be visible enough for all to see? Finally, I figured out the perfect place for the sign. I decided to hang it directly in the doorway at eye level. This way, anytime someone wants to walk through the door they will be forced to move the sign out of there way or be struck in the head. While doing so, they'll look at the sign and think, "ahh, there must be an emergency shower directly above me." To illustrate this, I used my co-worker and local legend Mike Grimm to stand under the sign. I know what you're thinking, "the sign is not at eye level." Indeed, this is a fair assumption but still incorrect. Mike Grimm stands 5'4" tall so naturally, the sign hangs a bit above his head. For the average person though, this sign is absolutely at eye level. Perfect, problem solved. Don't doubt me, people.

No comments: