Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I hate my schedule

I was moved to 3rd shift this week which means I will be working when normal people sleep. My employer informed me I would working this schedule for the next 4-5 weeks which means I will be working this schedule for at least the next 3 months. I have never done this before and I already don't like it...it messes everything up. First of all, when I get home from work in the evenings, I sometimes like to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner. I can no longer do this because it is not socially acceptable to be drinking alcohol at 9 in the morning. I can't do this in the evening either because it's bad policy to drink alcohol before you go to work. Therefore, I will be alcohol free for the next 3 months. No biggie I suppose but I would have liked the option. Next, I don't get to see very much sunlight. I love the sun and I love the daytime. I am a play monger and enjoy the outdoors. This has been taken away from me. Finally, I am now forced to eat food at strange times. Today, I ate eggs, cereal, and yogurt at 6pm because that's my new breakfast. I will not deviate from the routine! But, it still feels weird. Don't ever do this folks...it's just awful.

The next two weekends will be fun and I say that with complete confidence. This weekend, I am opening for Todd Barry at the Arlington Cinema Drafthouse. Todd is in my top 3 comedian list and believe me people, it's a classy group. If you've never heard Toddy Barry, educate yourselves and then come to the show and bring people and then when those people are like, "that guy was great, this was so much fun...you are such a great person for bringing us here," you can be like, "yeah, he is great...I knew that he was and that is why I brought you here, so we could enjoy him together...wasn't the emcee incredible?" And then those people who you brought to the show will be like, "really...I don't remember him."

The following week I am featuring for T-Rexx at the Baltimore Comedy Factory. T-Rexx is a local legend and I am so excited for the shows. He is fun onstage, fun offstage, and fun onstage again. He is one of the best performers you will see.

Finally, I will be performing with Danny Rouhier (roo-yay) and Jared Stern (stern) at the DC Improv Lounge on March 11th at 8:30pm. The lounge is tiny (seats 60 people) so it should be a really fun, intimate atmosphere. I don't like the phrasing of that last sentence but I'm not turning back. Please support this show! Hopefully, there will be many more.

No comments: