
In my last blog, I took some shots at journalist Andrew Siddons. Well, Mr. Siddons found my blog. It's funny because I wrote it not really caring who read it and never really thinking Andrew would see it. Well, I'm glad he did and I liked his response. He offered me an apology which I believe to be sincere and Andrew, if you're reading this, I humbly accept. In retrospect, I feel like it was unnecessary for me to use your name in the blog and for that I hope you'll accept my apology as well.
I sometimes forget that blogs are available to everyone. I don't track my hits to my blog so I have no idea how many people are viewing it. I just sort of write my current thoughts down giving no thought to who might be viewing them. So, out of respect to Andrew, I am taking my last blog off-line.
Andrew made some good points and actually made me laugh when he mentioned that he found my blog by googling his own name. That's funny because I've actually found some crap about myself when employing this same technique. Basically, he didn't find Todd Barry funny and did not enjoy their interview. That's fair enough. I may not have enjoyed his article but bottom line, he is entitled to his opinion and can write whatever he wants. Is their a more subjective art form than stand up comedy? I think Todd Barry is hilarious, Andrew doesn't. Last night, Randolph T told me he thinks Steve Harvey is funny. Different strokes people...different strokes.
"I can't get you on tonight" March 1, 2007, Curt Shackleford The Topaz Hotel
3 comments:
I read your blog. So watch what you say about me! Don't be calling me "ma'am". That's "miss' to people that don't actually know my real age.
How dare Curt not put YOU on? You, one of the premier comics in this area! That's like him not letting me into the Hyatt Show. Me, one of the premier audience members in this area!
You speak the truth Sharon...except for the "one of the premier comics in the area" line. Ask American University, they'll explain.
That's the first time I've ever heard or read of anyone not liking Todd Barry. Mr Barry is prob in my top 5.
Post a Comment