Ok, this video is not in the same league as the Journey video below, but it's still worth a discussion. You wanna know who is a huge Rick Astley fan? This guy right here. Why? Three reasons; great voice, great dresser, great dancer. Watch the video and you'll see.
- Astly was 13 years old when this video was shot. He was a prodigy.
- At 0:07, he appears to be playing air maracas. It's fun AND sexy, typical Rick. Look at the white jacket/shirt/detective coat he is wearing. There is one man who can pull off that look, Rick Astley!
- Minute 0:14, notice the outfit here, head to toe faded denim. Watch closely as he employs the always tricky finger snap, hand clap incorporated with the two fisted shimmy. Extremely difficult to do.
- At 0.53 you see a Rick Astley staple, the token black guy AND he always looks like Lamar from Revenge of the Nerds. Every Rick Astley video ever made had this guy in it and he's always great. Personally, I think Rick is singing the song to him. Don't believe me? Then check out...
- Minute 1:55, Lamar performs the "I'm on roller skates" move. The shot cuts back to Astly...look at the smile on his face. Then, back to Lamar; look how happy the are. You know what I'm talking about.
- 1:57, random blonde guy shows up...why?
- At 2:07 the Lamar runs straight into the fence. I believe it to be the same fence that Rick had been singing in front of earlier, dressed in all denim. Why run into a fence? Because Rick Astley makes people happy and then they want to run into fences.
- 2:42, random blonde guy displays the gayest dance move ever known to humans. That's why.
Please comment.
4 comments:
You left out the "Open the jacket to show the heart" move....GENIUS
Randolph T
This has left a permanent smile on my face.
Also, Rick Astley is now the fourth 80s pop star whose race I got wrong.
Write a new blog entry!
~ I was under the impression that "Denim Rick" was actually "Prison Rick."(Note the top button being buttoned. Only an inmate buttons the top button. It's almost impossible to hide a shiv with open buttons)
~ Lamar (in the black and white prison stripes) is trying to escape when he jumps into the fence. However, I'm left questioning why ANYONE would want to escape prison when their cell-mate is Rick.
~ The blonde guy's dance move at the end is the exact same dance move my father used immediately before my conception.
Post a Comment