Friday, July 27, 2007

New website and stuff!

Sorry it's been so long since I've blogged...since I have no idea if people actually look at this thing I'm not sure if I need to be apologizing. I've been pretty busy lately; I've been working on a new website (http://www.jonmumma.com/), I started a new job, and comedy and traveling have kept my weekends jacked up for the better part of two months but I'm not complaining. The website is not complete yet; I'll be adding videos, photos, etc in the coming weeks. I also started a new job about 5 weeks ago...so far, I like it. I've been doing a lot of different shows lately as well. This is good.

A lot of my comedy friends are moving or have already moved. It's amazing how quickly life changes...I really hope all the friends I've made in comedy will continue to be my friends in the years to come. I truly believe that Danny Rouhier, Ryan Conner, Rory Scovel, and Justin Schlegel will all have successful careers and I hope to stay in touch with them. These were my first friends when I started doing comedy and to see them progress and grow makes me feel happy and proud.

As for myself, I'm not sure what will happen with my comedy career. We all do it for different reasons but I'm honestly not sure why I do comedy? I definitely feel compelled to do it but I have trouble identifying the exact reasons. Sometimes I can't wait to get on stage and other times I'm pretty indifferent. And, to be honest; that doesn't always translate into a successful set either. There have been times when I can't wait to get onstage and then once I get to the mic I struggle. Other times, I'll be looking around and dreading the show and end up having a great time. Regardless, I still feel the need to attempt humor in front of people...I always will. Hopefully, I'll get to do it as my full-time job some day.

This blog has been very reflective. I think reflective is good; how often do you really see anyone reflecting these days? When you see someone by themselves, what are they doing? Usually, they are either; talking on their cellphone, listening to their ipod, playing with their blackberry, on their laptop, etc. I think people have stopped thinking.

I will be at Riot Act Comedy Club tonight and tomorrow. Shows are 9 and 11 and you should come and laugh with me or at me, I really don't care which you choose.

3 comments:

Q.Ledbetter said...

I read your blog frequently.

...and comedy is your thing man. You should do it as long as you enjoy it and have an ounce of determination to work at it.

Mike said...

Yeah dude, I check your blog all the time too, sorry for being so quiet about it and not posting feedback.

Congrats on the new gig and website and don't sweat this comedy thing too hard. Don't worry about that b.s., I swear comedy seems just like having a hot girlfriend, we love her to death but sometimes a little indifference goes a long way towards staying sane...

Jon Mumma said...

Thanks for the input fellas! I love you both

Jmums