I went grocery shopping the other day and came across a 24 pack of "Flanders" burgers for $5.99. I'll do the math for you; that's 25 cents a burger. This is not my first encounter with Flanders burgers. Last year I purchased a 24 pack of Flanders, this time for $4.99, for a cook out I was invited to. My logic; a burger is a burger...how bad can they be? The truth is Flanders burgers are absolutely wretched. They taste nothing like a burger and when cooked they turn gray, not brown. I tried googling "Flanders burgers" and I couldn't find a website or any real marketing information. I did however find several articles discussing the recall of flanders burgers for grocery stores due to e-coli being found in the burgers. I'm guessing this is why I can't find a website for them. I'm glad Shopper's Warehouse is still selling them...I'm a risk taker, people. That's what I look for in a grocery store, a company that's willing to take chances.
A weird thing happened at the Baltimore Comedy Factory two weeks ago. I have a joke where I talk about "cupchecks." Basically, I discuss the origin of the cupcheck where as a high school football player, we used to whack each other in the privates to see if we were wearing a cup. Eventually this behavior just sort of turned into a greeting and replaced the handshake. There is more to the joke but that is the basic premise. After my set, a girl approached me in the lobby of the club and started talking about the show. After a few minutes of pleasant conversation we said our goodbye and she turned to walk away. Just as she turned she cocked her elbow and whacked me right in the groin and walked away without saying a word. I was speachless as I have never seen a girl do that before. I was also speechless because she was not very gentle and it hurt a little. I told my wife about it and she just laughed because she is a cool girl. That whole experience was just weird and I hope it doesn't happen again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment