Friday, June 09, 2006

Another lackluster blog.

On sunday, I performed a benefit at the Comedy Factory with Joe Robinson and Sean Gabbert. I had an incredible time and by incredible, I mean people laughed and I laughed at them laughing and then we talked and laughed some more and I almost fell off the stage because I'm clumsy and have no concept of height. Additionally, Joe and Sean both crushed like a Chuck Liddell uppercut; sunday was the reason we do comedy. Thanks to everyone who was there.

On Tuesday, I was at Nanny O'briens for the Jay Hastings takeover. I had only been at Nanny's one other time and didn't enjoy myself for several reasons. One, I wasn't funny and two, everyone realized it. This time was different; everyone on the show was hilarious and the crowd agreed. The show started out weird because some douche started heckling Jay as soon as he took the stage. They had a little "back and forth" and then Jay told him to get on the stage, "you've got 3 minutes." This kid lumbered on stage and started talking; he left in three minutes and received -13 laughs; negatives laughter = uncomfortable. He stuck around just long enough to finish off his last guiness and then left about 15 minutes into the show. Rory Scovel said it the best, "Anyone that brash is going to be either incredible or horrible." I'll let you guys read between the lines. The show went great and I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to perform there. Nice work Jaysting!

Last night, I went to the Dave Attell show at the Improv. My boy Justin Schlegel opened for him and was crisp, professional, and hilarious - he set the tone for a great show. I'd never seen Attell live and after last night, I've become a huge fan. I've always liked his stuff but never saw a ton of his stand-up; last night he blew my mind.

Next week is going to be interesting. Monday is the Soho Tea and Coffee 3-year anniversary show. There will be some great comics on the bill and it's free and they have cofffee and tea and stuff. On Tuesday, I'll be judging the Improv's showcase contest. These monthly shows are always a lot of fun and it will be nice to be on the judging end of a contest. That was a boring sentence. My blogs are horrible lately. Sorry.

Next weekend, I'm at the Comedy Dock http://www.freewebs.com/beckysrestaurant/ with Schleggy Schleggs bagel face. I have experience at the Comedy Dock and by experience I mean, bombing. If you need something to do, stop by and support this show...please. I think it's like $10 to get in but I seriously might pay your way if you come. One show, 9pm, Friday and Saturday.

No comments: