
Sunday night, my neighbor Mike stopped by to say hello. About 1 hour into the visit he asks us if we've ever seen the movie Cliffhanger - everyone had. Then he tells us that it's the funniest movie of all time. I told him I was almost positive it's an action movie but what the heck, I'll play along. He leaves and then re-appears 5 minutes later with the DVD in hand, it wasn't long before the magic happenned.
The movie begins with Gabe Walker (Stallone), Hal Tucker (Michael Roooker), and Hal's girlfriend Sarah (Michell Joyner) rock climbing. Once they reach the summit, Jessie (Janine Turner) meets them with the chopper, accompanied by Frank (Ralph Waite), to take them back to the ground. Jessie lands the chopper on an adjacent peak while Hal and Frank anchor a zip line from the summit to the chopper. Hal goes first and makes his way safely to the chopper. Sarah goes next but is inexperienced and extremely nervous. She makes it about halfway to the chopper before her harness breaks and she is left dangling over a cliff. This is where the movie becomes hilarious. Gabe quickly reacts and makes his way to Sarah, he catches her arms but can't hold on and Sarah plummits to her death. Hal watches in terror as his girlfriend struggles to survive. Meanwhile Frank is laughing, check the pic. Hilarious. Now that's good directing...well done Renny Harlin...well done.
Earlier that night, I gave Jay Hastings a well needed haircut and grooming. If I had children, I would not have let him into my house...even though I know he's a good dude, check the pic. Hilarious.

On friday, I joined my good pal Justin "J-bags" Schlegel at the Comedy Dock for a night of laughter. Going into the weekend, my record against the Comedy Dock was 2-3 but I like a challenge. The friday night show had about 12 people and I had a really good time performing. The crowd was fun and allowed me to mess around and enjoy myself on stage. The saturday show had about 30 people but some of them were not really in the mood to laugh at anyone or anything. I never understand people who pay money to come to a comedy show and then sit there and refuse to laugh at any of the comedians. Laugh cause we're funny, laugh cause we're horrible, laugh cause your friend is a bad dresser...which he was, JUST LAUGH. Fortunately, there were some really cool people there who did come to laugh and enjoy the show. Those people made the night and because of them my record is 4, Comedy Dock 3. I don't except defeat, people...unless I'm battling Kauffman's Inn. They are too strong right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment