Kid Rock's new single "So Hott" is easily one of the worst songs ever recorded. You can tell it's going to be bad before you even listen to it because:
1. Kid Rock produced it
2. "Hot" is spelled "Hott" in the title
The video makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It starts with a helicopter in the sky, Kid Rock is having a romp in a tricked out car, two shirtless guys are fighting for some reason, and it appears that Sam Kinison is playing the drums in Kid Rock's band. Amazing.
Regardless, every time I hear this song on the radio which is every 13 minutes when I'm driving, I listen to it. Right when it comes on I will announce to the person driving with me that "this song is horrible" and then after I've listened to it I'll say something like, "That was awful, Kid Rock is such a douchebag."
For some reason, KR has this appeal to me where I think he's a loser but somehow he intrigues me. I'm not really sure how he is still alive? He always looks likes he is coming off a crystal meth bender but he seems to stay out of trouble for the most part.
He is the Steven Segal of rock music. "Hard to Kill" is a terrible movie but if I see it playing on the Superstation...I'm watching it, people. Here is a list of other terrible songs that I will always listen to when I hear them on the radio:
1. "I can't dance" Genesis - they were a great band so I always listen thinking it will eventually get good...it never does.
2. "Tom Sawyer" Rush - Neil Purt is the only reason I listen to this song but it's enough.
3. "Living on the Edge" Aerosmith - This song gets a listen simply because Aerosmith wrote "Sweet emotion"
4. "Aint seen nothing yet" Bachman Turner Overdrive - BTO was a pretty decent 70's band but this song is simply awful.
5. "Bad Medicine" Bon Jovi - A simply wretched piece of work.
6. "Buffalo Stance" Neneh Cherry - Its so bad but Neneh Cherry is so sassy in the song that I feel like she'll beat me up if I change the station.
7. "I wanna sex you up" Color me Badd - My wife will be angry with the selection but come on, this was a terrible song...I used to dance to it in high school. I'm very old. Would I pay to see them on a reunion tour? Yes I would. They also had a cameo on Beverly Hills 90210.
8. "Higher" Creed - The guitar gets me... and the allure of Scott Stapp's flowing mane.
9. "Allison Road" Gin Blossoms - I didn't know I was lost at the time on Allison Road? Someday I will figure out what the hell this song is about...until then I will continue to listen and wonder.
10. Anything by Billy Squire - He is terrible and I listen every single time with malice and discontentment.
These were off the top of my head and I'm sure there are plenty others. If you've got some, leave me a comment. Unless, its an Allman Brothers song in which case I will not respond and never talk to you again.
1 comment:
Hey, Neneh Cherry is great!
Post a Comment