Monday, October 22, 2007

I am a hog

A lot of times people will ask me what my wife and I do on weekends. The answer; go to "cheeburger, cheeburger" with Tony Gracyk and order 20 oz burgers. This past weekend was no exception. If you go to "cheeburger, cheeburger" in Gaithersburg, MD you will see this picture on their wall of fame.

I think its amazing how in America, a person can be awarded for gluttonous behavior. After the first 14 oz, I really wasn't even enjoying the burger so much as proving a point. There was a guy next to us also ate the 20 oz burger and as the waitress took his picture, he began shouting, "I am the King, I am the King! Get some!" He was with his wife and children and I'd estimate his age at 38-44.

I was slightly annoyed that you don't get to keep the stuffed burger you see in the picture. I was under the impression that each gluttonous hog who conquered the beast would get his own stuffed burger. I was wrong and very dissapointed.

This weekend I'll be at the Bethesda Hyatt on Friday and Saturday from 8-10pm. I've got some new material that is very average and untested so if you're into that kind of stuff you should check it out.

No comments: