This dude is crushing so hard...I love it. Not like, "this guy is hilarious, I love it!' kind of way but more in a "this is the worst thing I've ever seen, I love it!" kind of way. I realize you'll never be able to stomach the whole thing and that's OK because I only made it through the first minute. I suggest you do the same thing but focus your attention at .56 into the clip - it is so hilarious. It's just this Asian guy who has huge glasses and he is absolutely mesmerized by what he is seeing. I've watched it about 7 times now and I can't get enough. The Amazing Wid says "hey! wait a minute, man" while holding a toy dumbbell and wearing a colonial style hat. The Asian guy can't believe the plate of genius that was just served up to him. Watch this please, its so good.
More news, I participated in the 5th annual Poonanza over the weekend and it was so much fun. Thanks to everyone who came out to support the show.
Last Friday, I performed at a Christmas party for a financial company with one Justin Schlegel. You never know what to expect at a corporate show but it looked promising; country club setting, great food, mixed crowd that appeared receptive, good sounds system and a DJ - this guys excited. I went on first and was schedule to perform 20 minutes of "clean" comedy. Things started well and after some pleasant crowd banter I worked my way into some jokes. Things were going well until I went back into the crowd and asked them, "who the most annoying co-worker was?" The audience chimed in with a few names but I couldn't distinguish exactly what they were saying so I just chose the name "Kenny" at random. I started cracking on some of the things Kenny probably does at work but the audience was not a fan of the words that came out of my mouth. They absolutely shut down which baffled me because things had been going well up to that point.
So I was in the hole but managed to claw myself out of it and slowly won their favor again. Then, at about the half way point, some girl to my left began heckling me. She informed me that her name was "Juicy" and it was obvious that she liked herself very much. I played along and tried to be nice because this was suppose to be a clean show. Working clean is never a problem for me because the large majority of my jokes are club clean at the least and I don't cuss either. But, this girl was trying my patience. In a club, she would have been blasted right away but somehow I think she felt she had some leverage and was going to use it. I plowed through another joke as she interrupted me the whole way through. I took a few lighthearted jabs at her and got back into another joke which she immediately cut off at the pass - I had had it. I pulled out the mossberg 12 gauge pump action and began blasting Juicy with several rounds. Juicy seemed to be a good sport about it so I thought she was done talking. I was wrong.
My time was up at this point so I introduced Justin and settled in to enjoy some Schlegel jokes - Juicy had a different idea. Justin attempted to tell jokes but Juicy wasn't having it. I could see Justin's patience wearing thin as she continued to monopolize the show. About 10 minutes in, Justin snapped...and it was glorious. If you've never seen a Justin Schlegel tirade you are missing out on one of the most entertaining things you'll ever witness. No one was safe; Justin obliterated Juicy until her entire table got up and left the room. The crowd loved it, I loved it and the show was salvaged. And, again Juicy seemed to be a fairly good sport about it. I was wrong.
I ran into Juicy after the show and it was apparent she didn't care for some of the things I said about her. All in all, I think Juicy was actually trying to help the show and in the end she probably succeeded. She wanted the show to be about her and that's what she got. I'll never understand people who go to a comedy show and heckle and than say, "that's what they want you to do." The statement is not accurate.
I still couldn't figure out why the crowd got so quiet when I used the fictitious name Kenny to describe an annoying co-worker. The was explained to me by one of the managers at the company after the show. Apparently, one of the girls who worked at the company had a boyfriend who needed a job. The company hired the boyfriend but a few months later the girlfriend who got him the job, broke up with him. In a rage, the boyfriend came to work one day with a shotgun and began shooting. A man was killed, his name was Kenny. The girlfriend's name, Juicy.
Life is weird sometimes.
1 comment:
Simply incredible. I learned more from that 7 minute clip, than 4 years in comedy total. If he was at our Country Club show, it would have gone something like this...
"Hey lady...keep it down!!"
(Holds up a picture of a hanuakkah menorah sitting in a lifeboat).
"Hey look! It's Jew-Sea! GET IT! It's JUICY!"
*crowd goes ballistic*
Post a Comment