Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Comcast Open Microphone

I just saw my Comcast Open Mic Comedy set from Thanksgiving. There will be some questions and I'm going to try to answer them right now:
1. Hey Jon, were you stoned for the interview?

This is a valid question and yes, it does appear that I had been huffing some lacquer just prior to the interview portion. But the answer is, "no." I do not use any recreational drugs nor was I on any prescription medication at the time.

2. Hey Jon, were you drunk and stoned during your set?

Another good question and yes, the fact that my eyes are nearly shut is suspicious. But, again the answer is no. I was not drinking and did not use any drugs or medication prior to my set.

I'm not sure why I looked like such a hot mess? They say the camera adds 10 pounds...in my case, it makes you look like you were injecting heroin. I had just got back into town a few hours before the show so perhaps I was sleepy from the trip...I don't really remember how I felt that day. I just hope I don't look like that all the time. They cut out my last joke and I'm assuming this was because my set ran long. But, I wish they would have cut out another joke because the last one was my favorite. I watched it one time and one time only. I hate watching myself perform because I always feel uncomfortable and inadequate.

I'm at the Baltimore Comedy Factory this weekend with Justin Schlegel and Jay Hastings. Refer to my last blog to see how you can get all your drinks for free at the show.

No comments: