Thursday, December 28, 2006

Wow...

This past weekend at the Baltimore Comedy Factory was rough. Here is the recap:

Thursday - Very chatty crowd; a fight broke out during Joe Robinson's set between a group of girls. The girls were kicked out and Joe made a "Kimbo" reference which was funny. Joe and I then staged a fake fight and he ended up kicking a chair and breaking it. Timmy Hall crushed.

Friday 8 pm - Very chatty crowd. Joe Robinson started drinking beer for some reason. Timmy Hall crushed.

Friday 10 pm - Very chatty crowd. Robinson is now drunk and opens the show; his speech is slurred. I am heckled during my set and nearly get into a fight in the lobby with said hecklers. Hecklers are kicked out and Timmy Hall crushes.

Friday 12 pm - Extremely chatty crowd. There are fights in the crowd and a group of people are kicked out of the club. I have myself a couple of drinks, recognizing my set will be painful, and take the stage at 1:27 am. My jokes are not well received so I resort to walking around on the tables high fiving people for no apparent reason. A large african-american gentleman is not amused and threatens me. Joe Robinson closes the show at 2:03 am, no one in the audience heard him because they were having there own conversations. Timmy Hall crushes.

Saturday 7 pm - Crowd is chatty. Best show of the weekend. No fights and Timmy Hall crushes.

Saturday 9 pm - Crowd is chatty. A writer from the Ellen Degeneres is scheduled for a 10 minute guest set and brings 40 old people. She performs 33 minutes, gets drunk on stage, was heckled the entire time, and none of the people she brought laughed at her jokes. I follow her to awkwardness. She begins yelling at me from the crowd, insisting that I take off my clothes. 20 minutes later; I am sitting on the stage in my boxers and she is sitting on my lap wearing just a bra. Some people get kicked out and a gay dude gets into a fight with Chip Cuchiella (manager of the Factory). Timmy Hall crushes.

Saturday 11 pm - Crowd is super chatty. Rob Maher gets hammered and falls of the stage at the end of his set. He immediately passes out on the floor and must be carried out of the room. I follow him...awkward. Timmy Hall crushes.

I should have some pictures up pretty soon.

No comments: