Last night the Philadelphia Eagles won a barn burner by beating the Carolina Panthers in the final seconds of the game. Sylvester Stallone was present for the game and the fans went crazy for him. On the other hand, starting quarterback Jeff Garcia was booed for nearly the entire game. I have never been so ashamed of Philadelphia. I have been an Eagles fan since I was seven years old; I bleed green, people. But, I have never seen such ignorance as last night. Garcia was a warrior. He got his teeth knocked out the entire game but continued to fight. You would think that a blue collar city like Philadelphia would appreciate this type of effort. Apparently not. True, he played awful in the first quarter but cut the guy some slack. Donovan McNabb hadn't had a good first quarter since week 3. Meanwhile, the fans are going ballistic for Sylvester Stallone. Bill Burr was right; philadelphians are morons. Their hero is Rocky Balboa, a person who doesn't even exist. Let me ask you a question Philly, did Rocky ever have a good first round? The answer is no. Why do they hate Jeff Garcia? This is all I can think of:
1. he is short (listed at 6'1" but is more like 5'11")
2. he is gay (T.O. suggested he is a homosexual and he probably is)
3. he has strange hair (he used to shave his head and looked fine but now he's got something weird going on up top that I don't understand)
His stats are better than McNabb's and he hasn't thrown an interception yet. It's not how you start but how you finish and we've still got a shot at the playoffs. This week we take on the Washington Redskins who are starting a young quarterback who also might be gay. It should be a great matchup between to NFC teams led by potentially gay quarterbacks. I'm excited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment