Thursday, March 30, 2006

I am happy

I am happy today. Tonight I am going to see Brian Regan at Baltimore's Hippodrome Theatre. My pal Justin Schlegel scored some tix to the show because he is cool and well liked and knows cool people who have connections and stuff. Knowing that I am a huge Brian Regan fan, Justin invited me and my wife to accompany him. I love Justin. This is huge folks.

Brian Regan is one of the main reasons why I do stand up. I am a fan of comedy and love many comedians but no one makes me laugh harder than Regan. The first time I saw him, I thought to myself, "I could do that..." So I tried stand up and soon realized I couldn't. He makes comedy seem so easy because he takes simple topics and spins them into hilarity. That is what genius comics do; they make it seem so effortless.

I could go on forever here but that could get really annoying so I'll stop. Tomorrow, I will supply a full report of tonight's adventure. In the meantime, check out Brian's website www.brianregan.com. If you don't think he's funny, that's fine...just don't tell me about it. If you do, I'll stop talking to you for 48 hours. After that, we will resume our relationship and I will have forgiven you...but I'll never forget.

If you don't believe me, I'll give you an example. February 9th 2005, Grapevine Bar and Grill, Fredericksburg, Virginia. Ryan Conner, Herbie Gill, and myself were discussing our favorite comedians. Ryan (www.ryanconnercomedy.com) and I both mentioned how much we liked Brian Regan; Herbie disagreed by saying, "...that face he makes is annoying..." Herbie (www.herbiegill.com), if you're reading this, please know that I love you and I actually forgave you well before the mandatory 48 hour waiting period...but as you can see, I didn't forget.

No comments: