
I have had Comcast On Demand for nearly a year now and it's pretty cool I guess; I like NFL Total Access, HBO specials, and all the movies. But, I really don't have a whole lot of free time so I watch very little TV, plus when I do watch On Demand, I just end up watching movies I could have watched on basic cable.
Last night, I noticed Point Break was available and I simply couldn't resist even though I actually own the movie myself and I have watched it a minimum of 137 times. How retarded is this...I pay for On Demand so I can watch movies I already own? Honestly, I don't regret the decision and will probably watch it again since it's playing all month. Point Break is good cinema. I don't care who you are, if you are channel surfing and discover Point Break is on TNT, you're watching it, no questions asked. The reason why it is so good is the same reason Roadhouse is incredible, Patrick Swayze. Personally though, James Dalton couldn't hold a candle to Bodhi. Sure, both characters have great hair, but Bodhi has that certain...I don't know what… that makes him irresistible.
In addition, Keanu Reeves adds some poignant one liners and Lori Petty smatters the film with just enough trashiness to make it sexy. It’s also the funniest movie I've ever seen except for "What about Bob." I laughed like an idiot last night, particularly when special agent Johnny Utah (Keanu Reeves) yells at Swayze, "Reality check Bodie! I am an FBI agent!" I replayed that scene 20 times and it never got old. The fact that Keanu Reeves is so bad at acting makes him adorable. He's trying so hard and I think he truly is proud of his work and that makes him hilarious.
Another great scene is when Bodhi and Utah take on War Child, Bunker Wise, and Anthony Keidis in fisticuffs. After they destroy them, Bodhi explains to Utah that "...those guys never get the spiritual side of the [sea]." I haven't even mentioned the fact that Gary Busey is in the movie. That alone makes it a must see since Gary Busey is psychotic and also a genius.
Some movies are terrible and awesome at the same time and Point Break is one of them. Roadhouse is another and Rambo; First Blood definitely makes the list. I vote it one of my 5 favorite movies without batting an eye. If anyone reads these things and would like to add a movie to the "terrible but awesome list," email me or leave a comment; I'd like to compile a list of these types of movies. Do yourselves a favor and discover heaven all over again...watch Point Break.
No comments:
Post a Comment