Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Sign

This morning I sat down and began eating my usual breakfast consisting of 5 eggwhites, oatmeal, and an apple. I knew something was different though...what was it? Then it hit me, I had brought a thermos to work! I brought a thermos to work without even considering the ramifications. I'm old. The only people who bring thermoses to work are old office people. The only thing that could save me in this situation is that there is not soup in the thermos; its dunkin donuts coffee. I like dunkin donuts coffee and there is no dunkin donuts coffee near my work and the cafeterial coffee is wretched. Plus, the thermos is rather modern looking, with a sleek, stainless steel design. At least I didn't bring in one of those huge plastic thermoses with the big swinging handle and the screw in top that doubles as a soup bowl when you flip it over. Still, I realize that this thermos incident defines me as a complete tool. Minutes after I realized my blunder, my co-worker dropped by and the first words out of his mouth were, "hey man...what's up with the thermos?" Totally busted. Now I don't know what to do because I like the thermos. Basically, the thermos represents the rest of my life. When I drink from it, its like looking into my future and I'll be honest, its a little scary. I can fight it all I want but until I get out of this cubicle, I'm staring fate right in the face.

you know what...I don't care, I've made a decision. I'm keeping the thermos.

1 comment:

M said...

I think the Thermos is a nice touch to a cube, sort of like the plant that never grows.